Here are some tips to make your visit to Park Guell easier!
- Go early to beat the crowds. You don’t want a bunch of people in your photos if you don’t have to. I also suggest visiting in the off season.
- Book your tickets early. You can book up to 9 tickets, 3 months in advance. Make sure you arrive at your ticket time. They only let in 400 people every 30 minutes. Tickets can sell out fast on certain days. You can just show your ticket on your smart phone instead of printing off the ticket.
- Book a guided tour to learn the most about the park. Make sure you pay attention to where you are supposed to meet for the tour.
- Don’t forget to tour Gaudi’s house which is now a museum. (Extra charge.)
- Bring a picnic lunch! There are a few places to buy food/drinks right outside the park. We had to get something to drink before going in because it was so hot!
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Plan at least a half a day to see the park.
- I suggest arriving via a taxi or bus. The metro doesn’t get close enough to the park (we had to walk quite a while after leaving to get to the metro). It is at least a 20 minute climb up hill if you take the metro.
- Like most tourist attractions, wear sunscreen and a hat.
- Keep a close eye on your belongings.
Watch our video of our trip to Park Guell!
Do you have any tips for visiting Park Guell? Comment below!